I hereby pledge to provide support, care and encouragement for my child participating at North Edmonton Gymnastics by following this Code of Ethics.
• I will insist that my child learn in a safe and healthy environment.
• I will demand a drug and alcohol free environment for my child and agree to assist by refraining from their use during gymnastics related events.
• I will acknowledge the fact that this can be a challenging sport and that accidents can happen.
• I will remember that I have taken my child to a professional coach and will not try to coach my child. I will support the abilities of the coach to teach my child in a safe progression and allow him/her to do their job.
• I will encourage good sportsmanship and respect, by demonstrating positive support for all gymnasts, coaches, judges and other parents at all times.
• I will not impose my ambitions on my child and judge their progress based on the performance of others.
• I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child ahead of any personal desire to win.
• I will give my support at all times, and never criticize my child, another child or coach at any time.
• I will acknowledge my child’s difficulties and concerns with encouragement and communication with the coach.
• I will not expect my child to be an Olympian.
• I will teach my child to communicate with his/her coach. I will teach him/her the value of honesty and good manners.
• I will treat all members of NEGC (athletes, parents, coaches, staff) with the utmost respect at all times and in all situations.
I acknowledge that I have read and understand the above Parent’s Code of Ethics and agree to follow and abide by all of the above. Failure to do so may result in the parent being asked to refrain from attending training and/or meets, if the situation does not improve then the athlete or the athletes family may be asked to leave the program/club.